- 3-pound chicken cut into pieces (see note below)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2-teaspoon salt (use Himalayan salt for added nutrition and flavour)
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tomato chopped
- Marinate chicken pieces for about an hour with chicken spice mixture and salt. Or leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions and garlic. Fry for a minute or two until translucent.
- Add marinated chicken.
- Cook for about 10 minutes flipping chicken pieces so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add water and chopped tomato.
- Cook stirring occasionally until chicken is fully cooked.
- Enjoy with warm rice, bread, naan, any roti or cooked quinoa.
- Change the amount of chicken spice mix according to your tolerance for spicy food.
- You can use any part of the chicken. A whole chicken cut into pieces will give a very good flavour. Ask the butcher to cut it for you into 16 pieces. Remove the skin to reduce the amount of fat.
- You can add vegetables such as potatoes, green beans to make it a complete meal.